Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Looking up

We spent the Fourth of July with some old friends from work. I'll take any piece of the newsroom I can still have. After all, my friends there are what I seem to miss the most. Others stop by regularly. My front porch is usually humming with activity during the day and into these long summer nights. Friends visit. Kids play. Keeps my mind off things.

Freelancing is pretty tough, but I keep telling myself not to give up. Persistence paid off today. Got a note from a national mag editor saying she liked my idea and clips, and that she'd like to run the story I'm proposing in October. That was enough to send me over the top. This from someone who spent the last several Sundays bordering on suicidal over not having a job to go to on Monday morning.

If I can make it work, this place won't look so bad after a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home