Tuesday, May 30, 2006

On second thought

Would I call today productive? Maybe, depending on what you call work. I hadn't written a lick by 7 p.m., but I did manage to fix the toilet flush handle, raise my daughter's bicycle seat, catch a spider in a bedroom by trapping it into a baggie and release it outside, and grounded my son for keying my car with a wrench (yes, the same one I used for the bike seat adjustment).

I also played piano, took the kids to the library, and had dinner ready by 4 pm, just how hubby likes it!

Then I thought about calling my old boss to ask for a job.

To be sure, two setbacks today propelled me into thinking I can't do this for long. One, EB announced that his mother would probably be coming to town in August to stay for at least a month. Second, I realized that summer camp won't start, as I had thought, on June 1, but on June 5. Mind you, it's not an all-day thing. It's from 9 to 2, but it's just enough to where I can be with them most of the time, and still do what I love.

I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. Maybe it was just a bad day, an ordinary day. But I had those at work, too. And they passed. So will this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home